Step 1: Check that your product is EPA-approved
- Find the EPA registration number on the product. Then, check to
see if it is on EPA’s list of approved disinfectants at: epa.gov/listn
Step 2: Read the Directions
- Follow the product’s directions. Check “use sites” and “surface types” to
see where you can use the product. Read the “precautionary statements.
Step 3: Pre-clean the surface
- Make sure to wash the surface with soap and water if the directions
mention pre-cleaning or if the surface is visibly dirty.
Step 4: Follow the contact time
- You can find the contact time in the directions. The surface should
remain wet the whole time to ensure the product is effective.
Step 5: Wear gloves and wash your hands
- For disposable gloves, discard them after each cleaning. For
reusable gloves, dedicate a pair to disinfecting COVID-19. Wash
your hands after removing the gloves.
Step 6: Lock it Up
- Keep lids tightly closed and store out of reach of children.