Check that your product is EPA-approved
- Find the EPA registration number on the product. Then, check to
see if it is on EPA’s list of approved disinfectants at: epa.gov/listn
Read the Directions
- Follow the product’s directions. Check “use sites” and “surface types” to
see where you can use the product. Read the “precautionary statements.
Pre-clean the surface
- Make sure to wash the surface with soap and water if the directions
mention pre-cleaning or if the surface is visibly dirty.
Follow the contact time
- You can find the contact time in the directions. The surface should
remain wet the whole time to ensure the product is effective.
Wear gloves and wash your hands
- For disposable gloves, discard them after each cleaning. For
reusable gloves, dedicate a pair to disinfecting COVID-19. Wash
your hands after removing the gloves.
Lock it Up
- Keep lids tightly closed and store out of reach of children.
Coronavirus.gov is a collective resource for updates from The White House, the Center of Disease Control & FEMA regarding the current situation of the novel coronavirus update in the U.S.